Your home insurance in Scottsdale, AZ covers plenty of different things, but there are some things not covered that you can add on extra coverage to include. An agent at Homeowners Insurance Agency can help you determine which add-ons make the most sense for your needs.
- Underground Sewer Lines: Underground utility lines will bring services to your home, but you are responsible for the damage that happens to the lines on your property. While the damage can be caused by the age of service lines or tree roots, it’s not covered under a typical policy. Adding this can be helpful if you live in an older home that may have dated systems.
- Drain and Sewer Back-Up: If a municipal drainage system overflows, then the water can back up into your home and cause flooding damage at your home and property, along with creating a significant inconvenience. The damage caused by this can be expensive to repair, and adding this protection can give you some peace of mind.
- Sinkholes: Depending on your property and the composition of the ground, your home could be susceptible to this. If you add this type of endorsement to your policy, then you won’t have to face this expense on your own.
- Home Based Business: With more people working from home in Scottsdale, AZ, it’s important to note home insurance doesn’t cover your business dealings. You may even get your home insurance canceled if you don’t have a home-based business endorsement. This type of endorsement covers personal property in a home office and medical bills that result from injuries or accidents to business visitors.
- Add-Ons for Personal Property: If you have valuable items, such as electronics, jewelry, or artwork, then you need add-on endorsements to protect these items.
Flood and earthquakes aren’t covered under standard home insurance, and you can get coverage for these under separate policies.
Contact Homeowners Insurance Agency to get a quote on home insurance.