Life insurance is essential coverage but can be confusing and often overwhelming. Homeowners Insurance Group serving Scottsdale, AZ wants to help our clients understand their options so they can confidently make choices.
Here are some FAQS to help you learn how term life insurance works and if it’s a good option for your needs:
What are the pros and cons?
- 5-30 year terms.
- Affordable, flexible premiums.
- Simple policies.
- Temporary benefits may not work for everyone’s needs
- No cash value or investment value
- Age limited
What happens if you die during the term?
Your insurance company will pay out a tax-free lump sum to your beneficiary.
What happens if you age out of the term?
You can terminate the policy, roll it into a whole life or universal life policy, or renew the term life policy at your present age.
What happens if you need to cancel?
You can terminate a term policy with no penalties.
Who benefits most from term life insurance?
- Business Owners – Covers debts, outstanding taxes, and expenses typically appear in the buy-sell contract. Can also be purchased to cover critical employees, known as key man insurance, in which the business pays for the coverage and is also the beneficiary.
- Sole Incomes – If you are the sole income for your household and want to protect your family if you pass away, term life can give your partner time to recover before looking for work or paying for education or childcare expenses.
- Young Couples – The younger and healthier you are, the more affordable term life is.
- Those with Hefty Debt – Term life can reduce significant debt like mortgages to ensure your property can pass into family hands rather than be sold.
Get The Right Coverage For Your Needs
If you are in or near Scottsdale, AZ, and are ready to select the life insurance policy that works best for your needs, call or stop by Homeowners Insurance Group today. Our knowledgeable staff can answer your questions, discuss your options, and help you select the life insurance policy that serves you best.