Even if you live in the mountains, you are at risk of dealing with flood damage, but some areas are riskier than others. Knowing how your Scottsdale, AZ home is marked helps you prepare yourself and your family better in case of a flooding event. While our flood insurance agents at Homeowners Insurance Group can help you determine whether your home is in a high-risk flood area or not, it is essential that you know how to check this yourself.
How to read the flood map
If you can read a flood map, it becomes easier to determine where your home stands and the risk level to help you prepare early. If your home is in a low-risk area, the flood map will typically mark it as an ‘area of minimal flood hazard’ in the geographic area. If it is in a high-risk area, it will be marked as a ‘special flood hazard area.’
The FEMA flood map
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has a tool that you can use to check the level of risk. This map service shows you the information you need to make smart choices such as floodways, flood zones, and your risk level. There is also other helpful infrastructural information about features like coastal barriers, levees, and base flood line.
Flood zones are labeled from A, B, C, D, etc. Insurance providers across Arizona use these labels to identify the flood risk level and appropriately set flood insurance terms and rates.
Keep track of changes.
If you check your flood risk level today, come back after a few years and check again. With so much construction work going on, changes in floodplains, topography, and zone designations may be inevitable.
Knowing your level of flood risk helps you prepare yourself for a possible flooding event. For more information, feel free to contact the Homeowners Insurance Group in Scottsdale, AZ today!
If you’re young and you’re driving your first car that you’ve ever owned or are upgrading, there may be some aspects of auto insurance with which you are not familiar. Luckily, Homeowners Insurance Group has you covered. Learn how you can stay protected on the Scottsdale, AZ roads, and know the in’s and out’s of auto insurance with Homeowners Insurance Group.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Auto insurance provides you with financial coverage in case you get into an accident. You are provided with financial protection in the form of cash in case you are responsible for damage or repair fees. Here are some common areas in which auto insurance provides coverage:
- Property damage
- Medical costs
These are just some of the areas in which auto insurance provides coverage. To know exactly what you are eligible for and what coverage is best for you, visit Homeowners Insurance Group for a consultation.
What Coverage Type is Best for Young Drivers?
For younger, newer drivers, the best type of coverage is full coverage. It does cost a little more but includes everything you would need in the case of an accident. The roads can be unpredictable, so it’s better to be prepared. It’s always more beneficial to have coverage and not need it than it is not to have coverage and desperately need it. Let the professionals at Homeowners Insurance Group get you the coverage you need.
Get Protected with Homeowners Insurance Group
To help you stay protected on the Scottsdale, AZ roads, Homeowners Insurance Group is here to help you find the coverage you need. While full coverage is recommended for younger drivers, Homeowners Insurance Group is here to work with you so you can get the coverage that works best for you. You can contact them online or over the phone for a consultation.
Commercial insurance is one of the best options you have at protecting your business. It doesn’t matter the size of your company or how long it has been in operation. Commercial insurance will help provide financial assistance when it is most needed. But what does commercial insurance cover? We at Homeowners Insurance Agency have the answers for you. So, if you live in greater Scottsdale, AZ, or the surrounding Phoenix area, all you need to do is give us a call, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Protects Your Stock and Equipment
With commercial insurance, you can protect your stock. This way, if any of it is damaged, you can recover the loss of these items. You can also protect the equipment used to make your merchandise, food, or whatever else you sell. Should the equipment run into problems, you’re able to cover it with insurance.
Drive a vehicle for your business? Regular auto insurance will not cover it. However, commercial insurance will. It would be best if you had commercial vehicle insurance for the cars you drive for work.
If your employees are injured on the job performing work-related tasks, you’ll want to take advantage of worker’s compensation insurance. This will cover medical expenses incurred from the injury.
Protect Your Business with Commercial Insurance
There is no shortage of commercial insurance options out there. What is important is you find a policy that protects your business. It is possible to tailor form commercial insurance to your company so that it fits like a glove. Our staff here at Homeowners Insurance Agency can help get that perfect fit. So when you live in greater Scottsdale, AZ, we are here to help. All you need to do is pick up your phone and call us at your earliest convenience.
Your home insurance in Scottsdale, AZ covers plenty of different things, but there are some things not covered that you can add on extra coverage to include. An agent at Homeowners Insurance Agency can help you determine which add-ons make the most sense for your needs.
- Underground Sewer Lines: Underground utility lines will bring services to your home, but you are responsible for the damage that happens to the lines on your property. While the damage can be caused by the age of service lines or tree roots, it’s not covered under a typical policy. Adding this can be helpful if you live in an older home that may have dated systems.
- Drain and Sewer Back-Up: If a municipal drainage system overflows, then the water can back up into your home and cause flooding damage at your home and property, along with creating a significant inconvenience. The damage caused by this can be expensive to repair, and adding this protection can give you some peace of mind.
- Sinkholes: Depending on your property and the composition of the ground, your home could be susceptible to this. If you add this type of endorsement to your policy, then you won’t have to face this expense on your own.
- Home Based Business: With more people working from home in Scottsdale, AZ, it’s important to note home insurance doesn’t cover your business dealings. You may even get your home insurance canceled if you don’t have a home-based business endorsement. This type of endorsement covers personal property in a home office and medical bills that result from injuries or accidents to business visitors.
- Add-Ons for Personal Property: If you have valuable items, such as electronics, jewelry, or artwork, then you need add-on endorsements to protect these items.
Flood and earthquakes aren’t covered under standard home insurance, and you can get coverage for these under separate policies.
Contact Homeowners Insurance Agency to get a quote on home insurance.